Avg. Tweets per Hour
Tweets in Last Hour
Tweets in 24 Hours
- Proof of Stake – Earn interest
- VeriBit – Spend Vericoin anywhere Bitcoin is accepted
- VeriSMS – Send Vericoin payments via SMS networks
- VeriSend – Optional Anon transaction masking
- Android Wallet – Manage your finances on the go
- No Premine – No IPO
- Proof-of-Stake: Network-Stake-Dependent Interest
- Min Stake Time of 8 hours, No Max Stake Time or Amount
- PoW ended at Block 20160, Minted 26,751,452.35 VRC
- Minimum Transaction Fee: 0.0001 VRC (Paid to Stakers)
- RPC Port: 58683, P2Port: 58684
- Confirmations: 10, Maturity: 500
Patrick Nosker started mining Bitcoin in late 2009 and then went on to mine Litecoin, Dogecoin, and BlackCoin. Fed up with stagnant development, he decided to team up with Doug and David to create VeriCoin. He studied Molecular Biology and Biochemistry as an undergraduate at Rutgers University and received high honors. Pat holds 3 US patents and is co-inventor of five more including one on influenza therapeutics along with Doug Pike.
Since being introduced to cryptocurrencies by Patrick, Doug concluded that a successful cryptocurrency required a stable community and innovative features, resulting in his development partnership with VeriCoin. As an undergraduate at Richard Stockton College, he studied Biology and is currently pursuing a PhD at Rutgers University in Biomedical Engineering. In addition to VeriCoin, Doug and Pat are co-inventors of a process to discover influenza therapeutics.
David attended Rutgers University with Pat and received his undergraduate and Master's degree in Computer Science with highest honors. As a recipient of the prestigious SMART scholarship, David worked for the US Department of Defense for the US Army Corps of Engineers as a software developer. David currently works for a small software company in Washington as a Sofware Development Engineer for a cloud computing group.